Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
的 健康信息管理 program provides students with the technical skills and knowledge required to provide reliable and valid information essential to the 医疗保健行业. Graduates are specialists working with health information systems, managing medical records, and coding information for reimbursement and re搜索. 健康 information management professionals work throughout the 医疗保健行业 in a 设置的多样性. Common job titles include HIM supervisor, clinical coder, coding manager, clinical data collection and reporting specialist, cancer registrar, data integrity specialist, and reimbursement specialist. This program prepares health information technicians to support health information management in an electronic environment (e-HIM) and adheres to the American 健康信息管理 Association’s Framework for 健康信息管理 (HIM) education. This program is accredited by the Commission on 凯时娱乐 for 健康 Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). A background check and drug screen test are required for all healthcare 职业. 学生 will be required to complete both the background check and drug screen test prior to enrollment in HIT:102. See 健康信息管理 Handbook 欲了解更多信息. 学生 are required to complete the 基金会 Courses prior to moving forward to the Area of Concentration courses for the 健康 Information 管理项目.
的 推荐学习计划 blends general education requirements with options for areas of concentration to ensure students get the most out of their certificate or degree.
This program prepares you to support health information management in an electronic environment (e-HIM) and adheres to the American 健康信息管理 Association’s (AHIMA) Framework for HIT education.
的 AAS degree in 健康信息管理 is accredited by the Commission on 凯时娱乐 for 健康 Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
Important qualities of a health information technician
- 分析技巧. 健康 information managers must understand and follow medical records and diagnoses,
how best to code them in a patient’s medical records.
- 注重细节. 健康 information managers must be accurate when recording and coding patient information.
- 完整性. 健康 information managers work with patient data that are required, by law, to 保密. 的y must exercise discretion and a strong sense of ethics when working with this information in order to protect patient confidentiality.
- 人际关系技巧. 健康 information managers need to be able to discuss patient information, discrepancies, and data requirements with other professionals such as physicians and finance personnel.
- 技术技能. 健康 information managers must use coding and classification software and the electronic health record (EHR) system that their healthcare organization or physician practice 采用了.
Public reporting of student achievement data outcomes:
- 就业安置率- 90%
- Successful transfer of credit(s) – 95%
- RHIT exam results (1st time takers) – 88%
更多的 than one million students have attended STLCC. 它是最大的研究所 higher education in the region and the second largest in Missouri.
St. 路易社区学院 expands minds and changes lives every day by offering high-quality educational experiences leading to degrees, certificates, employment, university transfer and life-long learning.
学生 learn in dedicated labs and classrooms, featuring a one-to-one equipment ratio, the optimal experience for skill 发展.
凯时娱乐 courses are available, as well as intensive classroom-based, hands-on skill 发展. With evening and online classes, this program is specially geared for 全职工作的学生.
For more information on cost of attendance visit MoSCORES.
Program 职业生涯 and Salary Information
Pursuant to Missouri HB 1606 (2018), information regarding the number of credit hours, program length, employment rate, wage data, and graduates employed in careers related 他们在圣. 路易社区学院 can be found at http://scorecard.mo.gov/. Search using School / Program “St. 路易社区学院” and choose the degree 或证书类型的兴趣.
的 following limitations to the data apply - Information provided is based on the 最近的队列可用. Typically, most recent cohorts for wage and completion data are six years prior to the current academic year. 完成一个程序的时间 of study varies depending on the number of credit hours students earn per semester.
Hours for all campuses: Monday–Thursday 8 a.m.–7 p.m.星期五9点a.m.–4:30 p.m.